The main feature of this field is that users don’t see it though it is included in the form. You can choose to assign a value to this field and afterward use it in calculations or for other purposes.
In the Form field name bar, you can set the name of the field. It will work as an ID so choose an original name. You can use only Latin letters, hyphens, and underscores for the name. Also, make sure you don’t leave any spaces in the name – replace them with hyphens or underscores.
The value of the Hidden field is set in the Field Value drop-down. There is a big set of values you can assign to this field:
- Current Post ID – the ID of the post where you placed the form;
- Current Post Title – the title of the post where you put the form;
- Current Post/Page URL – the URL of the page that the form is placed to;
- Current Post Meta – the value of the meta field that is attached to the post where the form is placed. The name of the field is defined in the Meta Field to Get Value From bar;
- Current User ID – the ID of the user that is currently logged in;
- Current User Email – the email address of the user that is currently logged in;
- Current User Name – the name of the user that is logged in right now;
- Current User Meta – the value of the meta field that is attached to the account of the currently logged-in user. That very meta field can be set in the Meta Field to Get Value From bar;
- Current Post Author ID – the ID of the author who published the post where you placed the form;
- Current Post Author Email – the email address of the author who wrote the currently opened post;
- Current Post Author Name – the name of the currently opened post author;
- URL Query Variable – the query variable that can be further used for some other field;
- Current Date – the date when the form is filled in. You can set the format of the date in the Format bar;
- Manual Input – you can define the value of the Hidden Field manually by typing it into the Value bar;
- Referer URL – helps to see from which page the user comes to the WordPress form.
If you want to add some CSS coding, you can insert it into the Class CSS Name bar.